Bibliotheca: Complete Clothbound Set (with separate Apocrypha)
FREE U.S. SHIPPING
Ships in 1–3 business days.
Signature-required delivery available upon request.†
International shipping available. Expect fees.‡
- Designed according to time-tested typographic methods to foster immersive, comfortable reading.
- Free of all added conventions such as chapter and verse numbers, section headers, cross-references, and annotation.
- Typeset with original typefaces designed specially for this edition and optimized for readability.
- 12-point type.
- Printed and bound in Germany by Kösel, est. 1593.
- Smyth sewn, lay-flat binding.
- Smooth, opaque mineral paper (wood-free, acid-free, stone-based); made in Austria without the use of bleach.
- Unbleached, 100% cotton book cloth, dyed specially for this edition; made in the Netherlands.
- 100% cotton satin-weave ribbon marker; made in France.
About the Translation
- The American Literary Version, freshly revised from the 1901 American Standard Version.
- Reviewed and approved by Ph.D. biblical language experts holding positions at institutions such as Oxford, Emory, Wheaton, Fuller, and Ashland Theological Seminary who, without damaging the literary quality of the base translation, suggested many changes to bring the translation up to par with where textual criticism and Greek and Hebrew lexicography currently stand.
- Exceptionally literal among contemporary translations, preserving considerably more of the concreteness, strangeness, ambiguity, repetition, and grammatical structure (parataxis and syntax) of the original languages, and allowing the reader to more closely encounter the intricate, often perplexing texts of the biblical library.
- Archaic pronouns and verbs have been replaced with modern equivalents—“thou” with “you,” “doth” with “does,” etc.
- While explicitly archaic and obscure English vocabulary has been removed, the characteristic literary quality of the base translation has been preserved wherever possible; e.g.
† All orders placed through the shop will be delivered without signature-required service (if no one is present to receive the package when it is delivered, it will be left). The customer is responsible for providing a secure delivery address. The seller is not responsible for items stolen or lost after confirmed delivery. If you would like to place an order with signature-required delivery service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‡ International customers, please note: Import duties, taxes, brokerage fees, and any additional customs charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. Any such fees are the buyer’s responsibility. Prior to making your purchase, please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.