Bibliotheca Heirloom Edition: “Complete Your Set” Preorder
Estimated Delivery: September – October 2023
As a small mom-and-pop shop, running preorders is the best and most efficient way for us to publish Bibliotheca without compromise.
First, having a precise number of prepaid orders eliminates the guesswork in determining the size of the print run. This allows us to maximize our resources so we’re able to work with one of the premier family-owned book binderies in Germany and use only the finest materials curated from across Europe.
Second, we are committed to making what we call “intrinsically good” objects. We believe every stage of creation—from design to manufacture—must be carried out not only skillfully but also responsibly and ethically, with the highest regard for the wellbeing of our fellow human and the earth.
In other words, we run presales to ensure we have the means to create books that are embedded with proud craftsmanship and goodwill. This concern for the whole process is what sets our books apart, and we’re confident you’ll feel the difference.
We are passionate—obsessive, really—about our work and have given the utmost attention to every last detail of this edition. When you order from us, we guarantee your complete satisfaction. Thank you for considering supporting us in doing what we love!
Note: This “Complete Your Set” Package is for those who already own The New Testament (Volume 5 of the Bibliotheca set). It includes Volumes 1–4, a matte-black paperboard slipcase that houses all five books, and a solid walnut box that encases the paperboard slipcase.
Save $60 with limited-time preorder pricing.
Vols. 1–4 Full Price: $289
Vols. 1–4 Preorder Price: $229
- Full digital edition included. (Access card will come with physical books.)
( Important! )
- Estimated delivery: September – October 2023.
If delays occur, we’ll let you know right away!
- ShopPay allows you to pay for your order in 4 interest-free installments. Learn more.
- All preorders are eligible for a full refund, no questions asked, until your order is shipped this summer. Preorder return policy.
- When completing your order, use an email address you check regularly so we can verify your shipping address when the books are ready to ship.
My expectations were not met. They were surpassed … Bibliotheca is a labor of love, obsessively beautiful, lavishly minimalist, every detail pondered…J. Mark Bertrand, Lectio.org
I’m loving reading my Bible in this new way … I’m so thankful for all the hard work that went into creating this work of art.Sarah
Timeless and intentional and truly unparalleled.Jennifer
I love my copy of Bibliotheca! It transformed my Bible reading. And that after at least thirty years of reading the Bible every day. I wish I would have had this when I started.Jeff
Six years later, here I am, still using this set nearly every day … I love everything about it: the translation, the font, the layout of the page, the lack of clutter, the binding, everything.Peter
- Designed according to time-tested typographic methods that foster immersive, comfortable reading.
- Free of all added conventions such as chapter and verse numbers, section headers, cross-references, and annotation.
- Classically proportioned layout with spacious margins.
- All-original typefaces, designed exclusively for this edition and optimized for readability.
- Black 12-point type.
- Printed & bound in Germany by Buchbinderei Spinner, a family company in the third generation.
- Smyth-sewn, lay-flat binding.
- Premium, opaque wood-free paper, made of Austrian limestone instead of wood pulp. Acid-free & archival. Made in Austria without the use of bleach.
- Custom-dyed book cloth. Made in the Netherlands.
- 100% cotton satin-weave ribbon marker. Made in France.
- Featuring The American Literary Version, a newly updated edition of the 1901 American Standard Version.
- Reviewed & approved by Ph.D. biblical language experts holding positions at distinguished institutions — including Oxford, Duke, Wheaton, and Fuller — who suggested many changes to bring the translation up to par with where textual criticism and Greek and Hebrew lexicography currently stand.
- Exceptionally literal, with every effort made to preserve and convey the formal characteristics of the ancient languages. (When compared to contemporary versions, this older, more stringent approach to Bible translation naturally allows a great deal more of the meaningfully employed literary devices of the biblical writers — idiom, concreteness, ambiguity, repetition, syntax, etc. — to remain intact when rendered into English.)
- Archaic pronouns and verbs have been updated to their modern equivalents; “thou” to “you,” “doth” to “does,” etc.
- While markedly archaic and obscure English vocabulary has been amended, the characteristic literary quality of the base translation has been carefully preserved:
From I Samuel:
And Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father and said to him, “Let not the king sin against his servant, against David, because he has not sinned against you, and because his works for you have been very good, for he put his life in his hand and smote the Philistine, and YHWH wrought a great victory for all Israel.”
From the Revelation of John:
And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot and girded about at the breast with a golden sash. And his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his feet like burnished bronze, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters.
- Made in the USA.
- Crafted from solid American walnut.
- Finger-joint construction.
- Smooth-sanded natural finish.
This set contains the complete, unabridged text of the Bible, arranged as follows:
I & II Samuel
I & II Kings
Song of Songs
I & II Chronicles
Esther (Greek Version)
Wisdom of Solomon
Epistle of Jeremiah
Daniel (Greek Version)
Prayer of Manasses
I & II Corinthians
I & II Thessalonians
I & II Timothy
I & II Peter
I, II, & III John
Revelation of John
† By default, all orders placed through the shop will be shipped without signature-required delivery service (if no one is present to receive the package when it is delivered, it will be left by the carrier). The seller is not responsible for items stolen or lost after confirmed delivery. If you would like to add signature-required delivery service to your order, please contact us at email@example.com.
‡ International customers, please note: Import duties, taxes, brokerage fees, and any additional customs charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. Any such fees must be paid by the customer. Prior to making your purchase, please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.